UHAS courses: The University of Health and Allied Sciences Approved Courses 2023/2024
UHAS courses: The University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho (UHAS) was formed by an Act of Parliament (Act 828 in December 2011), and it was intended to become a leading university of health education that was committed to community service and research.
Ho which is the Volta regional capital has the main and administrative campus. The second campus is located in Hohoe.
154 students were enrolled when the university opened its doors in September 2012. Currently, there are 611 faculty members with over 3000 students (both undergraduates and postgraduates).
UHAS staff to students ratio
UHAS has the best staff-to-student ratio (17:1) among all public institutions in Ghana at the moment.
The Volta Region of Ghana’s first public university, UHAS, is now the only governmental institution in the country exclusively devoted to the education of healthcare professionals. Currently, the University offers 19 undergraduate programmes across 8 schools. The university also has 3 institutes
Below are various schools and institutes:
- School of Basic and Biomedical Sciences
- School of Allied Health Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Public Health
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- School of Dentistry
Institutes in UHAS
- Institute of Traditional and Alternative Medicine
- Institute of Medical Research
- Institute of Medical Education
UHAS promotes traditional values that support lifelong learning and success while establishing high standards for behaviour.
The prestigious university believes that, academic performance thrives in an environment with clear expectations. Its goal is to cultivate a love of learning and a drive to study that will last into adulthood.
UHAS provides the students the tools they need to understand and navigate change as global citizens of a world in transition. They conduct themselves and their company in a manner befitting a premier healthcare institution committed to both community service and research.
The university strategy is conventional in many respects, providing a solid education with a focus on the future.
They are a university of achievement, diversity, and opportunity that enables students to meet high standards in a loving environment. Both social and intellectual growth, self-assurance, a strong feeling of one’s own value, and care for others are goals they have for their students.
UHAS Courses (Degree programmes)
UHAS courses: Below are UHAS degree programmes according to Ghana Tertiary Education Commission
- Bachelor of Medicine, BSc Surgery (MBChB)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Physician Assistant
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Public Health Nursing
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory
- Bachelor of Dietetics
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Diagnostic Imaging
- Bachelor of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
- Bachelor of Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Bachelor of Public Health (Disease control)
- Bachelor of Public Health Nutrition
- Bachelor of Public Health (Health Promotion)
- Bachelor of Public Health (Health Information)
- B. Sc. Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Bachelor of Sports and Medical Sciences
UHAS Postgraduate Courses
University of Health and Allied Sciences offers variety of postgraduate courses.
Below are UHAS Postgraduate Courses:
- Master of Public Health
- M. Phil Medical Imaging
- PhD. Medical Imaging
- PhD Public Health
- M. Phil. Public Health (Applied Epidemiology)
- M. Phil Nursing
- Doctor Pharmacy