Unavailable SHS at self-placement portal: The Ministry of Education (MoE) reports that it has taken note of the problem that makes it challenging for 2022 BECE graduates who weren’t automatically put in any second-cycle school to select a school at the self-placement site.
In a conversation that was seen by our editorial staff, Kwasi Kwarteng, a spokesman for the Education Ministry, stated that his organisation and the necessary parties are making every effort to resolve the technical issue at the self-placement module.
Out of the 547,324 students who sat for the 2022 BECE, he said the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) has so far placed over 69.24% of qualified students to various public Senior High/Technical Schools.
“The system was able to place about 69.24% through the automatic placement. So, what essentially it means is that for the remaining who were unable to match any of their schools, the system will not impose a school on them, because there are a lot of factors that go into making a determination into what school you will go,” the MoE spokesman said
How to do self-placement at cssps.gov.gh
- Visit the computer school placement portal
- Then select the check placement module on the left-hand side
- Enter your BECE Index Number (eg. 100000000022) and
- Enter your 10-digit E-voucher pin and
- Enter your 5-digit pin code
- Click on Proceed to be redirected to the self-placement module
When redirected successfully to the Self-placement module, you will be provided with a selection of schools to pick from based on the aggregate or grade you had in the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE).
- Choose carefully your desired second cycle school
- Choose your residential preference (Day/Boarding).
- Select your programme of choice
- After doing all the necessary checks, confirm and print. Remember that once you have completed the selection process it can not be undone or changed