WES Evaluation Cost and Validation Time: Full Detail.
WES Evaluation Cost: An international academic agency called WES (World Education Services) evaluates academic credentials and verifies that an applicant’s academic records are equivalent to international academic programmes provided by institutions in the US and Canada.
In this post, myhealthink will explain how to transmit your official academic transcripts from the University of Ghana and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, KNUST to World Education Services (WES) for review when applying to graduate programmes abroad and the processing cost.
Some overseas schools demand that WES analyse the transcripts of applicants. Just a few examples of these institutions include Georgia Southern University, Tennessee State University, and South Dakota State University.
WES Evaluation Cost
WES Evaluation Cost: You may find the official costs for WES assessments of academic. For instance, WES charged $217 for WES ICAP and $170 for WES Basic on their Graduate Admissions Plan at the time of writing.
|Standard delivery (tracking not included)||$11|
|Courier delivery (tracking included)|
|International courier services (per address)||$78|
|1-day shipping (per address, U.S. only)||$37|
|2-day shipping (per address, U.S. only)||$26|
|3-5 business day shipping (per address, U.S. only)||$16|
|Sealed envelope (per envelope)||$6|
- The formal assessment report must typically be provided to academic institutions directly from WES. We advise requesting our sealed envelope service if you are ordering extra reports that you intend to send to an institution at a later time.
- Your evaluation and not your transcripts will be provided to you in sealed envelopes.
|Duplicate reports ordered at the time of application||$32|
|Update a completed evaluation report to:*||$84|
|Add a completed degreeAdd a new courseAdd a new credentialUpgrade your Document-by-Document evaluation to a Course-by-Course evaluation|
|Upgrade to ICAP (permanent transcript storage)*||$84|
|*To make any changes to your report, log in to My Account.|
|Duplicate reports ordered after a completed evaluation (for yourself or additional recipients):|
|First report (WES Basic)First report (WES ICAP)Each additional report||$52|
Fees: All fees subject to change.
How long does WES required take?
The WES official website states that following payment, “The standard processing time for a credential evaluation is seven working days after receipt, review, and approval of all documents, and full payment.”
How long is WES valid?
You can continue using your WES ECA when you submit a new Express Entry profile. Your WES ECA is valid for five years from the date of issuance.
How to apply for WES in Ghana
Apply for your WES evaluation of academic credentials for graduate, first-time, or transfer admission to the United States or Canada.
- In a web browser, Go to https://applications.wes.org/createaccount/
- Click on the Country you are interested in (US/Canada)
- Please provide the email address below to create a new account at WES. We will send you a six-digit verification code from WES.
- Submit the Verification Code received via email
- Enter your personal information and Click on the account button
- Choose the purpose of Evaluation (Education, Immigration, Employment documents and Professional license certifications)
- Choose the level of education you are pursuing
- Add Credentials and follow the screen instructions
How to submit UG transcripts for evaluation
Alumni of Ghana’s Premier University, the University of Ghana can successfully get their academic documents submitted to WES for credentials evaluation via email@example.com after requesting for their transcripts online.
How to submit KNUST transcripts for evaluation
To submit your KNUST academic credentials to WES for evaluation and authentication;
- Go to transcript.knust.edu.gh and click on LOGIN
- Enter your username(i.e firstname.lastname@example.org) and password. NB: username is the email address you used during the registration process.
- Click LOG IN or press enters to login into the transcript system.
- Click “New Transcript” on the menu bar of the application.
- Select your “Programme of study” using the dropdown field. The programme of study you added during the profile creation will be displayed.
- Select “Official Copy” for Type of Transcript.
- Select “Normal” for Processing Type.
- Select “WES Secure Digital” for Delivery Mode.
- Provide your WES Reference Number.
- Provide your WES Account Email Address, this is the email address used during your WES account creation.
- Click the “Verify WES Details” button on the right to verify the information you provided. A success message will be displayed if the verification was successful else you will be prompted to provide the accurate details.
- Click Next to review your request. Please ensure that all details you provided are rightly displayed at the review page.
- Click Submit, to proceed to payment.
- Enter your mobile money Account Number
- Authenticate with your PIN to approve the payment.
What documents need to send for WES
- Academic Transcript. This is an official document issued by the institution you attended that lists all subjects taken and grades earned for each year of study.
- Academic Transcript (English Translation)
- Degree Certificate.
- Degree Certificate (Translation)
WES Evaluation alternatives?
Besides WES (World Education Services), other organisations that evaluate academic credentials include:
- Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (for Pharmacists)
- Medical Council of Canada (for Doctors — specialist physician, general practitioner, family physician)
- Comparitive Education Services (CES) — University of Toronto, Canada
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS)
- International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES)
Which WES is required for immigration?
For immigration to Canada, the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is required. An ECA is required to apply to certain Canadian immigration programs.